Structural Insulated Panel – SIPs
Structural Insulated Panels – R-Control SIPs
R-Control SIPs or Structural Insulated Panels are a 21st century composite material that provides the benefits of insulation and structural performance in a single building product. R-Control SIPs consist of Foam-Control® EPS (expanded polystyrene) insulation laminated with structural adhesives to oriented strand board structural sheathing. R-Control SIP panels benefit from the unique characteristics of composites – the simple sandwich panel forms an amazingly strong insulated panel for building walls, roofs and floor. SIPs are manufactured under factory controlled conditions and can be fabricated to fit nearly any building design.
What are SIPs?
The result is a building system that is extremely strong, energy efficient and cost effective. Building with R-Control SIPs will save you time, money and labor.
- SIPs for builders saves time, money, and labor.
- SIPs for designers provide an energy efficent building without sacrificing design.
- SIPs for homeowners provide unsurpassed energy efficient homes.
Structural Insulated Panel – Energy CostsOur SIP Panel Energy Savings Calculator allows you to quickly compare the approximate SIP home energy use between a home built with R-Control structural insulated panels versus conventional methods.
Learn more about SIP Energy Costs Calculator…
Structural Insulated Panels – The Ideal Building MaterialEach R-Control Structural Insulated Panel gives you control over every aspect of your project: from design and timelines, to materials and building costs, and—ultimately—the quality of the finished project. With their versatility, strength, cost effectiveness, and energy efficiency, SIPs are ideal for a wide range of residential and commercial projects. SIP panels open the door to virtually unlimited design possibilities; putting you in control of your insulated building system, not the other way around. And every R-Control Structural Insulated Panel is custom made for your SIP home or building according to your specifications and drawings, so you get exactly what you need for your project.
Structural Insulated Panels – The BenefitsR-Control custom manufactures each panel to house plans or architectural drawings ensuring quality of construction while drastically reducing the time involved. Some major benefits of R-Control SIPs include:
- R-Control’s insulated wall panels and roof panels provide superior comfort by blocking wind and moisture. The interior environment created by R-Control SIPs for homeowners creates quiet, comfortable, and energy efficient homes.
- R-Control SIPs for builders are the fastest way of constructing as they can reduce framing time by 50 percent, as compared to regular stick frame methods.
- An airtight and well insulated building system and reduced energy consumption means SIPs for designers are ideal.